Monday, July 8, 2013

I'll be changing my mind.


Last week I told you how important you are to me but you didn't listen.
Last week you told me you really do care but friends is all we can be.
Last week you told me you don't want to hurt me anymore, but you are.
Last week you made my mosaic heart break into smaller pieces than it has before.

Three days ago we made intimate & passionate love at 2:00 in the a.m.
Three days ago things felt okay, and I even woke up in a good mood.
Three days ago you officially entered a committed relationship with her.
Three days ago my mosaic heart broke into smaller pieces than it ever had before.

Today I've been hurting so much more than I ever thought possible.
Today I've been thinking of you even thought I don't want to at all.
Today I've been trying to feel okay about all this, but I can't do it.
Today my mosaic heart is breaking into smaller pieces than it ever has before.

Tonight I'm feeling that pain which seems like it will never go away.
Tonight I'm needing somebody, so please tell me you're somebody.
Tonight I'm wanting to just crash and fall down, since it's all over now.
Tonight my mosaic heart is breaking into smaller pieces than it ever has before.

In this moment I'm wishing that you would've given me an opportunity.
In this moment I'm realizing that things will never be the same again.
In this moment I'm wiping away the last tear & leaving the past behind.
In this moment I'm deciding that my heart has been shattered by you for the last time.

In the morning I'm going to wake up and feel brand new again.
In the morning I'm going to be confident in my independent self.
In the morning I'm not going to regret choosing not to beg you back.
In the morning I'm not going to let you shatter my mosaic heart into pieces any smaller.

Tomorrow will be the first day of a future that is not including you.
Tomorrow will be the first time in a long while that I won't need you.
Tomorrow will be the first of many lessons finally learned & put to use.
Tomorrow will be the first chance I get to repair the pieces of my broken mosaic heart.

Three days from now I'll be doing much better than I am right now.
Three days from now I'll be thinking of you much less than I am now.
Three days from now I might not cry myself to sleep over you again.
Three days from now I'll be trying to guard my half pieced together mosaic heart of porcelain.

In one week you'll be changing your mind.
In one week I'll be standing strong without you.
In one week all this will be a mere memory.
In one week I'll know better than to ever wear my mosaic heart on my sleeve again...



                                                                                       ...just as soon as you give me a reason to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading; leave a comment! It's appreciated. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...