Sunday, August 26, 2012

motorcycle ride with dad.

Hello my lovelies,
Today was quite an eventful day. I got up around 9:30 this morning and headed out to the front deck to enjoy a little sunshine with my cereal. Then at around 11:00 my dad and I were off on a motorcycle ride that ended up being 275 miles round trip. There really is nothing like sitting on the back of a bike and just looking out at everything the world has to offer. Big flocks of small birds scattering at the sound of the bike zooming past, the smell of fresh cut grass, feeling the wind against your face and in your hair, the sound of the great outdoors singing in your ears; it's all so wonderful. Those of us who live here, in Bliss, we take these things for granted, very much so. 


By the time we finished, 
we had gone through Cheboygan, Halks, Alpena, Gaylord, Indian river, 
and finally returned back to Bliss.


We stopped at a couple parks along the way,
just to stretch our legs and to use the bathroom.
Everything out here in the country is so beautiful.


I'm very happy that I was raised in a small town.
You'll never know this kind of peace if you weren't.


My apologies for the cruddy quality of these pictures.
I only brought my iPhone along. It can only do so much.


We stopped at Ponderosa in Gaylord for some dinner.
It was delicious as always.
And after that we were on our merry way...
in the pouring rain.
Fortunately Gaylord is only an hour away if you're going very fast.

We made it home and all is well. I couldn't have asked for a much better day. I'm very pleased with the way things turned out today. This is my last weekend here at home for a while.
Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a mini fridge to clean out. (o:

Have a happy Sunday!


2 comments:

  1. It seems like you enjoyed your ride in the motorcycle with your dad! That’s what it seemed like in the pictures here! It’s definitely an incomparable experience to ride a motorcycle because you easily get to see the beauty of nature as you travel through different places. This reminds me of my dad, and how he loved to travel in his Harley back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get to go very often, but when I do I try to take everything in! It's so relaxing. I love it!

      Delete

Thanks for reading; leave a comment! It's appreciated. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...