Friday, February 3, 2012

curiosity motive.

So I took intro to psychology last semester as one of my college classes and I learned that there is such a thing as the "curiosity motive". It basically means that you are ‘curious’ and you like to see what there is to see. Today I moved my room around, which is an example of the curiosity motive. There’s a Friday Fact for you. (o:
I took before and after photos so you can see the difference. I really liked how it was before, but I also really like this way as well. Nearly every time I move my room around if I don’t like it at first, it will eventually grow on me. This time there is more space to move around because my bed is against the wall, though last time it was more convenient because I got better reception next to my desk which made late night texting much easier. Either way, I like this setup just as much as the previous one and I’m sure I’ll like it just as much as whatever setup it is next month.

Before:


After:



The reason I like to move my room around is more than just because it gives me something to do when I’m bored. Most people don’t like change, however, I am not one of those people. I cannot stand things to be the exact same every day all day. I prefer to switch things up a bit every now and again. When I move my room around everything feels new. Because I practically live in my room, and I rarely ever come out except to eat and use the bathroom, it feels like a completely different place after having moved it all around. It feels like a new start. I like to ‘start over’ sometimes. It feels nice to give yourself another chance to do things right. If you don’t believe me, you should try it sometime. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading; leave a comment! It's appreciated. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...