Monday, February 27, 2012

i made a difference.

Recently, on February 9, 2012, I gave blood through an American Red Cross blood drive that National Honor Society hosted at my school. It was very cool and I am extremely happy that I was able to donate. Giving blood can be a life changing event. Seriously. Consider my story:


Donating blood is very important to me because of something that happened to my daddy when I was younger. He was in a very serious stabbing incident and was rushed to the hospital via helicopter. He died three times on the way there and lost roughly 5 pints of his own blood. He is living today because of 24 blood transfusions offered to him from people like me who donated their blood for a bigger cause. He is healthy and strong today, and wears 12 scars on his neck, chest, and arms from the wounds that a 7 inch knife created as proof that he is a survivor.



My daddy is alive because someone else chose to make a difference. I saved three lives in five minutes and 40 seconds. 

 I made a difference, 
and so can you.

1 comment:

  1. <3 One day, I want to give blood. Last summer, I was all ready to do it, and I was so nervous, but so excited that I could help someone live by doing it. I wasn't able to give blood because I didn't weigh enough. :( I am hoping that this summer, I will be able to, because it is something I really want to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading; leave a comment! It's appreciated. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...