Friday, July 20, 2012

baby birdy finally flies.

Hello my lovelies.
I thought I should let you all know that I am finally moving. I was very pleased when I got a phone call from a close friend who had just recently moved in with her boyfriend to a small two bedroom apartment five miles out of Alanson and just two miles from Petoskey. She called to ask if Garret and I would like to move into the neighboring bedroom and become roommates. We gladly accepted the offer and arranged plans to get our things moved in. Tomorrow is the big day. Tomorrow this little bird is finally jumping from the nest, and spreading her wings.

The search has not ended, however. We will not be living with them for the entire school year. Only until we are able to find a place of our own, however, we are in no hurry now. This will be easier for the four of us freshly starting out adults. I'm excited for the good times to come, and even for the challenges. They have already started, and I haven't even loaded my car yet. I'm saving that for tomorrow morning.

Packing was so emotional for me. My parents have told me that I can stay here at home for as long as I need. If I'm in college, I will not have to pay rent, and if I am ever not working to further my education, I must pay to stay here. Because I can stay, but am choosing to go, I can leave some of my stuff in my room when I go. Yesterday was so hard because I had to go through everything in my room and really think about what I should take, what I want to take, and what I will need to take. I realized as I was going through my things that we hide from ourselves so much that is in plain sight. It was quite a realization. And as certain things found their way into my hands, certain memories found their way into my mind. I could no longer put off thinking about things that I have buried in my room. Packing was so emotional for me.

I managed to get everything all packed up though, and luckily all I have to do is work tonight and then hopefully get some sleep without all the excitement keeping me awake. The tomorrow morning I make the hour journey and will have some time to unpack my things before I take off for tutoring at 2:00 p.m. and work at 4:00 p.m.


This is all the clothing I am planning to bring. (also one small basket that needs washing)
I know it isn't much, but I hope that when I leave I'll realize I need something...
Then I'll have to come home at some point to get it.
I hope I miss my parents.
I hope they miss me.


And these are the things I am bringing. In addition to one other box about the same size as the one pictured and a couple bags. I also plan to bring my book shelf (the books are in the other box) and my desk.

I'll keep you all updated on the move.
Since I know how much you care (o:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading; leave a comment! It's appreciated. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...