Sunday, January 1, 2012

happy new year.

I can't believe it, but it's finally 2012!
I'm very excited for what is to come. Even my dog is excited! (for the snow) (o:

This year is huge for me. So many things are just waiting to change.

-Graduation is right around the corner.
-Moving out of my parents house shortly.
-Starting college close to home or far away.
-Starting a new job somewhere in a bigger town.
-Moving in with my boyfriend, finally after waiting so long.

All very exciting things.

For the longest time this was exactly what I wanted: 2012 to arrive and get here fast. But now it seems like things are flying by so quickly I can't even appreciate all this is going on. 
Things can slow down any time now.

Unfortunately I don't think that is going to happen any time soon.
So, before the year slips right out of my hands, I've prepared a New Year's Resolution list. Hopefully as the year passes I will have accomplished something more than all that will come without my doing.

New Year's Resolutions (in no particular order)
1.) Exercise! (because I don't need to lose weight, but I rarely exercise)
2.) Quit swearing (most of what comes out of my mouth is vulgar)
3.) Be optimistic (I'm probably the most negative person you'll ever meet)
4.) Make time for somewhat necessary things (yoga, reading, movie watching etc.)
5.) Be satisfied with "my best" (most of the time my best isn't good enough for me)
6.) No more procrastinating! (it's a bad habit of mine)
7.) Finish things I start (like this blog and everything else)
8.) Journal weekly (daily is way too hard, nearly impossible for me)
9.) Appreciate the little things.
10.) Experience life, not just live it.

We'll see how long all this lasts. 

So far, 2012 is already looking beautiful.
God is surely showing his grace.



Looking forward to a great year.

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading; leave a comment! It's appreciated. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...