Tuesday, January 24, 2012

seventeen.

Today I've spent a lot of time thinking about things I have now, that I won't have much longer. The things that come with the privilege of being seventeen years old are exactly what I'm speaking of. 

The first thing that comes to me as I am studying for a college class is not having to pay for college. Right now, because I am dual enrolled, my high school pays for tuition and all that other garbage. I only pay for the books.Soon after graduation that won't be the case anymore...


The second thing that comes to mind is free time. The time it took me to paint my toe nails, yeah I won't have that kind of free time once I move out. Every second will be spent doing homework, studying, and working. Bummer days, man.


The third thing that comes to my mind is having money to buy the things I want, not just the things I need. I know when I am out on my own I will have to pay for every single thing I will own. I pay for my cell phone, car insurance, and gas money right now. But I can't imagine how much money I'll need for rent, food, electric, utilities, clothes etc. 


I guess I'm just thinking about how easy I have it right now. And I'm thinking about how hard it is going to be right when I walk out the door, leaving everything I'm familiar with behind me. That first step, into a fresh world filled with all sorts of new wonders. I'm a little scared to be an adult. Unfortunately my eighteenth birthday is in twenty-five days. February 19th is coming sooner than I had originally hoped.

I'm not ready to depart from the young age of sweet seventeen...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading; leave a comment! It's appreciated. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...