Sunday, January 29, 2012

september 29.

Today is the 16 month mark for my boyfriend, Garret, and I. I would like to share 16 pictures today and maybe a small piece of our story...

Garret and I have shared both good and bad days together. It is my belief that our experiences make us who we are. Having spent so much time together and experiencing so much together we have become a part of each other. He really is my other half. There is no better way to explain our connection. 

I never used to believe in love. Of course I dated boys, I liked to feel special, wanted. It wasn't until I met Garret that I realized what love truly feels like, what it truly is. Its like that one song that you've had on repeat for as long as you can remember but you never get sick of it. Not the typical song that you play for a while and then end up tossing it out of your playlist and forgetting about it because it becomes over played. Garret and I are the song that you never get sick of. 

It's like that feeling you get when you see someone you haven't seen in a really long time. You feel excited, because you miss them, nervous, because you don't know what to say, relieved, because you know they're still in your life, sad, because you've let so much time lapse, time that you'll never get back. You feel content, interested, surprised, at ease. You feel all these things at once. 

You feel alive.
And that is what love feels like.
You feel alive for the first time when you truly fall in love.

If you've never felt the feeling you will eventually. And you probably don't know what feeling I'm referring to unless you've felt it before or are feeling it right now. Don't worry if you haven't though, because everyone has a soul mate, and yours is out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading; leave a comment! It's appreciated. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...