Sunday, May 20, 2012

happy birthday!

Those of you who are following my blog, and those of you who aren't,  if you don't know the girl who made Ivory Giraffes, stop by her blog today and wish her a happy birthday. She's a beautiful person, all around, inside and out.
We've known each other literally since we were tiny babies. That's because we're cousins, and we're only born 3 months apart. When we were younger, we used to be super close. We used to hang out together at the beach, camp in my yard, go for long walks and bike rides. We shared our secrets with each other. We shared everything: our family, our ideas, concerns, stories, and even some of our material things like books, snorkels, goggles, beach toys, and probably even some clothes. I miss that.
Since then our lives have taken completely different routes. All this time she was home schooled, I went to a public high school. She has a sister who is her best friend, I have a brother who might be very close to that for me. I'm fortunate enough to have a daddy, her's joined heaven on this day two years ago. Now she is going to Bethel University in the fall, and I am staying home to attend North Central Michigan Community College for the next two years.
We don't talk as much as we used to. In fact, we barely talk at all. I don't know where she's at with many things. It's crazy how the time flies, and how so much can change in so little time. So, as a lesson to all of you reading this, really treasure and appreciate your loved ones, your friends, your family, just because you really really never know when things might change, and you might all of a sudden find yourself without them.

Happy Birthday, Hannah banana. I'm thinking about you, and I love you!


My seventeenth birthday at Buffalo Wild Wings.


Hannah and I at my dad's wedding July 30, 2012.
Will you look at those beautiful brown eyes?!


Hannah and I at my Junior Homecoming. 2011
Gorgeous.


And Hannah and I at the beach. Where we used to spend the most time together. I'm so jealous of her pretty tan skin.

Hannah, if you're reading this, I just want you to know that I'm still always here for you. And if you ever want to talk, I'm all ears. You know I'm a great listener and I love to give advice. I hope that we can become close friends again before you go off to college. Because who knows how fast time will go after that, and who knows if I'll ever see you again. Best of luck to you. ♥

1 comment:

Thanks for reading; leave a comment! It's appreciated. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...