Tuesday, May 29, 2012

i'm a big girl now.

I am in denial. I have been for the past week. Which is my excuse for not posting since last Sunday. The last week of school had been creeping up slowly since the very beginning. I guess I never thought it would get here. It always seemed so far away, but now, its over, and we're moving on to bigger and better things. Graduation was Sunday, May 27, 2012. It was a beautiful ceremony. I am happy to say that I have graduated with the Pellston High School Class of 2012. I couldn't be any happier, or more proud of myself and everyone else in my class. Here are some pictures:


This is Carly (my best friend) and I walking in together. I'm gonna miss her so much.


Here I am standing and waiting for them to announce that we are represent the Class of 2012.


This is me receiving my diploma. Such a proud moment.


This is me directly after the ceremony. I was just finishing up crying. So my eyes are a little watery looking.


My dad, me, and my step mom afterwards.


Me and my dad ♥


My grandma Byard, me, and my grandpa Byard. ♥


My momma and I ♥


Cap and gown finally comes off! (o:

So, now that I have your attention, I'd like to say a couple things and point out a few others. First of all, graduation was a blast. Like I said earlier, I couldn't be any happier. It feels so good to know that I am finally done with the high school years of my life. I am ecstatic about moving forward. This summer is going to be wonderful and it is going to be a perfect lead in to the awesome year that is to come.
That being said, I want to touch on what I am doing. Recently, just yesterday actually, I finished up my picture a day for a year album that I had going on Facebook. Now that it's done (and I don't plan on doing it for another year or for any other years to come ever again) I have decided that I would like to document the next stage of my life in some way, shape, or form. So, what I've decided to do is to continue to document my life in its future stages through the posts on my blog. If you were wondering why the name and design of my blog changed from paper planes & playground games to I'm a big girl now. it's because I am a big girl now, and I wanted to change things up to go along with all the major changes that have now taken place, or will shortly, because I am done with high school.
Today I am going to leave you all with a list of changes that I am extremely excited about.
---Working two jobs for the entire summer. 4 days a week at Hush Puppies shoe store, and on weekends at the Dixie as a hostess.
---Moving out of my parents house, and into an apartment with my boyfriend when the leaves on the trees start to change colors.
---Starting college at North Central Michigan College to work on my Associates of Science degree focusing on Biology/Pre-med so I can become a successful pediatrician
---Starting a new job in Petoskey when I move there. Hopefully working early mornings at Starbucks in the local Glens store in town.
---Driving the new car that my graduation and work money will buy me at the end of the summer. I'm looking for a Grand AM or a Monte Carlo. We'll see what I can find for under $4,000.
---All the first times that I will experience as a brand spankin' new adult who has graduated from high school!

I'm also very excited that you will all be following me on my journey in this small world. (o:

The future begins today...
in my dreams, my actions, and my heart. 
It's time to dream big, live wisely, and be kind...
And to never forget how much I have to offer the world. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading; leave a comment! It's appreciated. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...