Tuesday, November 13, 2012

13. I am thankful for...

Today I am thankful for many things:


Optimism and the little things.
I am so thankful for days like today; days where I am inspired by something simply beautiful that allows me to look at the positive side of things, and makes me feel optimistic, even if only for a very brief second. It is more often than not that I feel weighted down by the heavy burdens that every day life brings. Sometimes I feel like there is just too much for me to do, and not enough time to do it. I get up in the morning and look at all the things I have to accomplish and I usually sigh, thinking to myself, 'there is no way I can get this all done; there is just no way it is going to happen.' I got up this morning, and this was my exact thought. But you know what? When my first class of the day got over with, I walked from the ADCL building to the residence hall, and during that time I reflected on my life a little bit. I looked up at the sky, and thought, 'if the sun can shine through all these clouds, and still brighten the Earth enough for all of us here, waiting, to see the things around us, then I can surely shine through all the negativity I'm feeling today and get through all the things I have to do with a smile on my face.' When you take the time out of your day to appreciate things that you usually look over, because you are so focused with your busy life, it can usually make a huge impact on your day. The little things are so important. The sun, the sky, the clouds, fresh snow on the ground, the smell of clean, fresh air, warm hot chocolate and a slice of banana bread slathered with creamy butter for breakfast, a nice sharp pencil, a great class discussion, a long relaxing walk from one building to the next, a nap before work, smiling faces in and out of the store all night, and a warm drive home with Taylor Swift's voice ringing in my ears. Today has been a great day, and I am so happy that the sun, sky, and clouds could help me see it that way. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading; leave a comment! It's appreciated. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...