Thursday, June 21, 2012

12 Pictures//12 Pieces of Advice.

Hello my lovelies,
Today's post is very special. I have a most interesting 'picture an hour' of sorts to share with you tonight. It's written in poem format which was inspired by the many Ellen Hopkins' books I just finished. Enjoy.

1. Be a nice person.
2. Play things by ear.
3. Have an open mind.
4. Enjoy all of your time.
5. Love much, much more.
6. Capture the moment now.
7. Try your best no matter what.
8. Give everyone a good fair chance.
9. Try to enjoy that which is overlooked.
10. Appreciate all things that are done for you.
11. Don't ever give up on your sincerest of dreams.
12. Be yourself & keep the promises that you make to others.


1. Red sky in the morning, 
Sailors take warning.
Originally, I was supposed to work today, but another girl I work with asked me to switch with her, and 

because I'm 
a nice person

 I let her. It was supposed to rain this morning, but when I woke up it wasn't. The clouds were certainly
suggesting that it would though.
Maybe karma really does work.



2. I never give myself enough time to get ready in the morning.
 So once I got to Garret's house I was in his Jeep and painting my toe nails pink to match the shirt that I 
ended up wearing a sweatshirt over. Oh well. It needed to get done. I realized afterwards that 

It seems like we always plan things one way according to how we want them to go,
And things always change. Playing it by ear works much, muchhh better.

3. Lately things have been up.
I've been trying my best to feel out the situation and see if 
our fights are just because I'm
being me: a hormone imbalanced, needy freak,
 or if our fights are because of
 him being a typical insensitive, unaware male.
I was pondering the answer to this question as I sat in a hard chair while waiting for two hours and fifteen minutes in a room watching all of Jersey Shores' issues unfold. By the time Garret's new stereo was put in his car, I had noticed a small piece of paper framed on the wall; it was all about a person's attitude. After I read it I decided that I shouldnt be pissy because I had to wait a little while before doing what I wanted with Garret. I should be happy that I even get to see him today, since its been a long 8 since we've set eyes on each other.  Enjoying life really depends on your attitude toward the things you come in contact with. 
Have an open mind &
Patience, learn to compromise &
Let your partner do what makes them happy &
You will have a successful, lasting relationship. No joke.
 


4. So we went to Bob Evans.
& with my new attitude I decided that I would enjoy the time I had today with my boyfriend. 
Even if I was previously irritated, and upset with him and/or the situation(s) he put(s) me in.
Even if the hostess put us at a table when I would have liked to sit in a booth much better.
Even if she gave us the wrong ticket which was 3 dollars more than what we would owe.
Even if I was still a little hurt and unhappy about all that happened over the past week.
Despite it all, I ordered a Belgian waffle, and it was delicious.
And you know what?
 I quite enjoyed a delicious breakfast with my lovely boyfriend who payed for it all.



5. We walked all around down town.
Laughing almost the entire time.
He held me. Walked behind me. Wrapped his arms around me.
He nibbled my ear and whispered:
I love you so much, I really do.
We got cupcakes & argued playfully over whose tasted better.
& once we had finished indulging.
I whispered, "I love you more."





6. And we did what we do best.
Which is to take too many pictures together.
 Always take tons of pictures;
You'll never ever be able to go back in time
So capture the moment now.


7. And then we took more pictures.
Here I am. Living.
Breathing oxygen.
With my hands up
High up in the air surrounding me.
Sometimes you have to.
Give it your best shot &
Throw them up in the air
When life gives you no other choice


8. We went to the breakwall.
I met two really funny guys who were looking for new friends.
People can be really awesome.
I jumped right in and asked if I could get a picture with them.
They were both really awesome.
They seriously didn't care what anyone thought about them.
More people need to be awesome.


9. We really enjoyed the breakwall.
The breeze.
The spray of water.
The clouds.
The whitecaps crashing.
The sun out.
Every single bit of it.
All the things.
Enjoy that which is overlooked.


10. Garret bought me Dr. Pepper.
Which is currently my favorite.
The bump likes it just as much.
I thank him every time he buys.
No matter what it is or the cost.
He bought it with his own money
Appreciate all that is done for you.
No matter how big or how small it is.


11. We drove back to his place at like 2:30.
He had to work at four, so we figured we should get back a little early.
Of course goodbye took forever; always does.
Can you believe it? We've been together this long and still cant say bye.
I glance across the street as I leave every single time.
This truck's been there forever it seems. Its probably only been months
Every time I see it I want to see how much its selling for.
But I never do. I don't have the money anyways. But I'd love to have it.
I'd love even more to repair it with my dad who loves old trucks.
Maybe someday I will. This time I checked. Gotta start somewhere right?
Don't put things off. Follow your dreams. Start while you have the chance.



12. The last piece of advice is this:
Be yourself.
Because I promise you,
There is someone out there who will love you for exactly the person you are, and everything you're not.
Just do that.
& when they are found,
You will finally have your soul mate, who's literally your other half. & I promise you'll never be happier.
I promise.
Hold me to it; dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading; leave a comment! It's appreciated. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...