Tuesday, June 12, 2012

how far until we reach the breaking point?

Good afternoon my lovely readers!
I cannot lie, the past few days have been extremely frustrating days. I never knew how much effort it took to get ahold of people to view the places they are trying to rent out. Garret and I have tried 4 different places, and as of yet, we've only been able to view 1. We did that yesterday. She told us to meet her there at 11:30 and we were there ten minutes early. Then I got an email from her saying that she'd be late and could make 12:00 instead. So we went to subway and came back and she showed the two apartments to us.
I think we had our hopes up. I think we were expecting something a little different. Okay, a LOT different. The first place she showed us, well it was a dump. The second place was a little better, and it was down stairs so that was good, but there wasn't really a whole lot of living space. I mean, this little apartment was probably not even the size of my bedroom, my brothers bedroom and our bathroom put together. After we looked at it she gave us applications, and told us that we would have to pay 475 deposit and 475 for first months rent if we wanted the bigger, downstairs one. That wouldn't be a problem for us.
I could make it work. I'm not used to living in a big nice house as it is. It was small, but it was cheap. And I don't plan on being home much anyways. Why pay a lot more for a place that I'll have to work twice as much to live in, when I'll only be there to sleep? The way my college schedule is looking right now, I'm not entirely sure I can work enough to pay for anything more than around 500 per month. I could definitely make this place work. But Garret, on the other hand, was not having it. That frustrated me a little. But, I do understand where he is coming from. We should look more before we just jump right in. Who knows, we might find something just as cheap that is a lot nicer.
Other frustrating things that have happened to me this week involve my work schedule. I have been promised 40 hours a week for my 'full-time' job as a sales associate at Hush Puppies, however, I have been lucky to get 25 so far. I work part time at The Dixie, just on Fridays and Saturdays to make up for the hours I'm not getting at Hush Puppies. The silly thing is that if this continues, I may as well work full time at The Dixie and continue this part time bologna at Hush Puppies. I like it much better at the Dixie anyways. One super wonderful thing that has happened though, is that my old boss has asked me to tutor her girls this summer. So, starting next week I will be a part time sales associate at Hush Puppies, a full time hostess at The Dixie, and a summer tutor for two pre-school aged girls! Aren't they adorable?


 I really have my work cut out for me. Working three jobs, moving into a new apartment eventually, and trying to enjoy a little bit of my summer all at the same time. We'll see when we reach the breaking point. I can only keep it under control and handle the stress for some time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading; leave a comment! It's appreciated. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...