Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Old Scars Become New.


Wasted time,
shattered hearts.
Two lost souls,
in the dark.

One problem,
with no solution.
Two individuals,
searching for resolution.

Answers burried,
deep down inside. 
But I can't dig deep enough.
Trust me. I've tried.

I have secrets,
I don't even know what they are.
It's better that way,
we don't need more scars.

Better to forget each other now,
than to hold on.
It's too hard;
time to move on.

But time always lapses,
old scars become new.
You keep slicing, but,
my blood is still red, not blue.

My mind won't change,
no matter how long you stay.
We need to base life on tomorrow,
not the choices of yesterday.

I wish there was a way,
if I knew how to,
I'd tell you my reasons,
why I did what I had to do.

You'd never understand,
even if I could explain.
You couldn't handle it;
the pure truth, that's pain.

It makes no sense,
but that's life.
So I'll ask one more time:
put down your knife.

Please leave me be;
our old scars unsliced.
Accept my answer this time,
& move on with your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading; leave a comment! It's appreciated. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...