Thursday, April 12, 2012

congratulations...

...to me of course (and you, indirectly, for making my day)! Today we reached over 1800 views and yesterday was a record high of 70 page views in the day alone! For me that is very exciting, so I'd like to personally thank everyone who views my page on a daily basis, whether you follow me or not.

Some other great news is that after today there are officially six weeks left of school and then my high school years are completely over! I know it's a shocker: I am having a hard time believing it myself, however I am very excited for what is to come. Today there was a senior meeting about attendance and graduation and our caps and gowns and our graduation announcement picture and scholarships and the awards ceremony...tons and tons and tons of stuff going on in the next couple weeks. All of these things may sound like a pain, but they truly are important parts of one's life and I am grateful that I have been given the opportunity to go through public schooling and to learn all of the lessons that come along with that. I am sure it will be extremely helpful to me in my upcoming college years.

School can be a drag, but there are so many things that are great about being part of a public high school. I was going to make a post not too long ago about a Senior vs. Teacher basketball game that myself and other members of NHS did. For whatever reason it slipped my mind but here is one shot from it.



It was a blast. I had such a great time. Everyone was laughing and screaming and clapping. We were all being extremely supportive. And it was even better because all of the basket ball guys played. Which brings me to another great thing about going to a public school: the fact that we have the opportunity to be in sports and learn how to work together. This year our basket ball team went the farthest it's went since 1944. It was crazy. Just like the Senior vs. Teacher game. The funniest part was probably the fact that it turned out to be a tie. Looks like we'll have to have a rematch.

One of the other simple pleasures of being a senior attending a public school is all of the “last times” and all of the attention that comes with that. We have been able to bond so much over the past years. We’ve all grown close, like a family almost. What’s so great about it is that you don’t find that often, especially among people who are in large schools, or who do not go to school at all. Public high school has its disadvantages, but after thinking for a long time about how green the grass may be on the other side, I have come to realize that there is no greener grass than the very grass your feet stand upon at the moment you're in if you choose to make it that way. I'm glad I went to public school. I endured a lot. I'm proud of myself for not taking the easy way out, and I'm excited that I will be finishing a very long 12 years with my fellow classmates in just six weeks. There is a lot to be excited about. For one, prom is in just over two weeks. And I get to spend my very last prom ever with my amazing friends and boyfriend. I am also very excited about the senior prank the class of 2012 has come up with. It is taking place this coming Tuesday after school. I will DEFINITELY be taking pictures and I will have the whole story on that for you when it happens. But Tuesday can take it's time...
Currently I am working on a few scholarships that are due within the next few days. I have a college research paper to finish up and the rest of my online Child Development college class to finish. Only three more chapters and a super easy exam keeping me from completion! I meet four more times with my Criminal Investigation classmates at the college and then once I complete the exam for that I will have successfully made it through my final year of high school and my first year of college all at once.
Other things that are on my mind and to do list are: printing my graduation invites (which I made tonight and they turned out totally awesome, just like I had hoped), putting my favorite senior picture on a disk so I can print it and turn it in to the office with my baby and childhood pictures for the senior slideshow at graduation, printing each of my senior pictures and passing them around to friends so I can make copies and hand them out, and last but not least, getting my yearbook signed by my best friends and favorite teachers, if they will (all great things that come along with going to a public school).
Tomorrow I'm skipping school (okay not really skipping, because I got my homework today so I won't be behind because its too difficult to miss a day of calculus and physics and manage to stay on track. But either way, I won't be in school tomorrow) so I can go to an appointment...YES! You guessed it! Tomorrow I am getting my very first tattoo. This is what I am getting. It will also say "spread your wings & fly" directly underneath the little birds. And where on my body am I putting it?

On my rib cage, on the left side, about a half inch below where my bra goes across.


I pinky swear I'll have actual pictures of it up tomorrow afternoon when I get home. Hopefully it isn't too red and swollen, or bloody and bruised. We'll just have to wait and see.
You will also possibly be seeing pictures of my hair cut which will be taking place Saturday afternoon. Currently it is 22 and one quarter inches long. I haven't fully decided how much I'm taking off, but a good trim will do at least. So keep your eyes open for that update. (o:

So, yeah, that's what the next few days to the next few weeks look like for me! Busy, busy, busy. But don't worry, I will surely make time for my blog, just for your entertainment. And now that this post is as long as a novel, I will close.
Enjoy the rest of your night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading; leave a comment! It's appreciated. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...