Wednesday, April 11, 2012

the proof is in the posts.

I made my blog in December of 2011, so it was really just about four months ago. At first I was totally into it, and I loved doing it. I did it almost every single day. Now, I am even more into it and I really do post every single day, if not more than once. I told my close friends about it and let them in on some of the cool opportunities it has opened up for me. Recently one of my close friends decided that she would like to take up blogging. Upon hearing this I became extremely excited for her because I know all that it does for me.
Blogging is one of the most creative ways to get things off your chest and to feel good, as well as to let the world hear what all you have to say. When I blog I feel like I'm putting ideas out into the community so that I can share things with others that they might not otherwise be able to enjoy. Here are three reasons why I blog:
The first reason is because I have a love for writing. I have always loved writing. It is something that I am exceptionally good at. When I was younger I used to write short stories all the time, however, when I got into high school, a lot of my free time was taken away. It isn't exactly fun getting up early and going to school all day only to come home and do more school work before bed so that you can have enough energy to do it all over again when you awaken. For me, blogging is a great way to utilize my free time, and to feel like taking a break from school work isn't a waste of what little time I do have. Investing my time in blogging is one of the best choices I have ever made. I literally get excited about my blog posts. They come to me randomly and I don't have to put in a lot of effort because writing is so natural for me. Using my free time to do something that is fun and creative feels great.
The second reason I blog is because of the way it makes me feel. It helps me express myself and let things out. I know that I have a truly sincere love for blogging because of the way I feel when I post something. Blogging not only helps me feel good, it actually helps me become a better person day by day. Every time I post something I am giving myself the opportunity to view the world differently and giving others the opportunity to do the same. I am making myself and the world a better place. Blogging helps me take life day by day, and it helps me grow. It helps me see all that I have accomplished. Blogging has allowed me to be a more positive person. Most of the time directly after I post something I feel completely relieved, I feel accomplished, I feel like I have done something for myself and others. I feel happy in the moment and optimistic for my future posts. And all in all, that makes me feel really good about myself.
The third reason I blog is for others, because without others there would be no way for me to feel some of the things I feel when I blog. I blog for the pleasure of putting my ideas out into the world, and to inspire and be inspired. I can tell you one thing right now: there is no better feeling than getting on your blogger dashboard to see that you have tons of page views and new followers. I do love blogging for myself, but the fact that others get as much pleasure from my blog as I do, is a completely different thing that feels just as amazing. I love that people can get on here and share their experiences with me through their writing and their photos, and I have the opportunity to share mine with them. I love that people can learn to think, to laugh, to cry, to be inspired by what I have written. I am never upset about the fact that I only have very few followers and only so many page views and comments. I am never upset; I am very very happy when the numbers show that others are being influenced by the things that I have shared with them. Because of this, I will tell you that my friend's name is Lindsey and when she does make her blog you can bet that I will be giving you all a link to it so you can check it out too. I think that getting new followers is the best way to get traffic to your page so that you can more easily share with the world things that others can enjoy.
Now that you know what blogging means for me, here are a few things that blogging in general and my blog specifically is not and should not be about in my opinion. I am not going to go into great detail about them because I don't have to prove anything to anyone. The proof is in my posts.

My blog is not about numbers. I don't ask people to follow me because I want to be famous or because I want to make money from it.
My blog is not to impress anyone. I know who I am. I know who I want to be and I know what my capabilities are and where I am going in life. Others certainly won't help me with any of that.
My blog is not a hate blog used to make others feel bad for me. I post about positive things becase I love who I am. I wouldn't change a thing. We're all different for a reason.
My blog is not a hate blog used to make others feel bad about themselves. I want others to be positively influenced by the things I write. There is already enough bad in the world.
And last but not least:
My blog is not your blog. If I ever borrow an idea from someone, there WILL be a link or some credit given to the person or place in which I got it from. Just as if you ever borrow an idea from mine, you should give me credit as well. Sharing is great, stealing is not.

My hope is that my friend Lindsey will get as much out of blogging in the next few months as I have in the past few. It really is one of the most fun things to do. I tried it a few years back, but gave up then because it wasn't something I found interesting, however, now it has really become something I rely on, on a daily basis, to keep myself on track. Blogging is the best way for me to learn from the past, live each day like it's my last in the present, and look forward to all that are to come in the future. Blogging keeps me positive and helps me stay true to myself.  It isn't for everyone though, which is totally understandable. We ARE all different after all; isn't that a good thing. My blog is who I am. Keep yours true to who you are. And we'll all manage to stay very different and learn very much.


It is my hope that by the end of my blogging experience, whenever that may be, that I have touched as many lives as have touched mine. My promise to you is that I will do everything in my power to make a difference in the world through, and with the help of, the blogging community. Here's to the beginning of a very large ripple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading; leave a comment! It's appreciated. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...