Thursday, April 5, 2012

ups and downs.

Back in one of the summer months of 2011 I was informed that my work place of four years would not be reopening their location. Now, if you knew where I worked, the people I worked with, and the people I am used to serving there, you would understand that there are really two sides to the way I feel about this situation. Like most experiences in life, there are always good and bad things; there surely were both ups and downs to the predicament I had been placed in upon being informed of the company's misfortune.
So, a few weeks ago, I was forced to look for a new job or two, seeing as I have to leave for college in the fall and it is crutial that I make enough money to support myself when I'm away from home. I was hired at two places and I'm still finding out some information about what exacly is going on with my old job. Right now I am for sure working at the two places I was hired, and if I'm lucky, I may be able to still work at my previous job which is under construction and expanding as we speak. If I am able to, I will more than likely be in a manager position, which is awesome! My fingers are crossed.
So tomorrow is my first day at one of my new jobs. I haven't had a "first day" of work at a new job since I got my very first job in 2008. I was 14 years old, and I have learned so much about work since then. I'm definitely ready to start working at a new place, however there are some things that I will definitely miss at little old Mackinaw Sweets. I will miss the lovely ladies I worked with. Making Starbucks drinks, sampling and serving delightful chocolates and fudge, and creating perfect icecream cones for screaming little children. However, I will not miss the irritating foreign customers who cannot speak english, or de-icing/scraping the coolers, or listening to Starbucks junkies complain about how "this drink is not right!" I will also not miss answering the same questions over and over again.
I'm pretty sure some things will be the same at my new jobs though. There will always be those people who don't think anything is ever good enough, those people who are so unthankful that they will hurt your feelings as a hard working server no matter what. I'm sure I'll be asked many irritating questions, but as a new employee, I'll probably ask my fair share as well. There will still probably be things about the new jobs I'm starting that I hate doing just as much as I did about some of the things I had to do at my old job. The list goes on and on and on. I'm sure I won't ever get sick of dressing nice (part of the job description as a hostess). I'm excited. I'll have to let you all know about how my first night goes as a hostess at The Dixie Saloon, where I'll be spending most of my summer nights.


So yesterday when I got the call that I would need to do some paper work for payroll, I got really excited. I did everything I was asked and I got a nice little white card for punching in and out. After confirming my position as a hostess I went into town with my boyfriend and we picked out some dress pants and I also got a fancy sweater and another new dress. In my last post I talked about how I had just gotten a new dress in TC and I was worrying about getting another one in case I wasn't able to have my graduation party the same day as graduation. Well the problem is solved, I now have two new dresses. One for graduation and one for my graduation party, which the day and time is still being decided. I will also fill you in on that later!

So over the course of the next couple days you should be looking for an update on
-my experience at my newest job and ( which you can check here )
-the date and time of my graduation party as well as some exclusive details involving the decorations I plan to have! ( which you can check here )

Stay Tuned!!
Also, I promised that I would have a notecare video, and I intend on keeping that promise. Hopefully I'll have that ready for you all very soon. (o: Don't lose hope yet.

**And a side note to those of you who I had asked to help me, and chose not to respond to my request to help me get my blog out there to some of your fellow followers: Thanks anyway, I'll help myself. It may be more work for me to contact some of the followers of those I follow individually, but I will do it because I have a love for blogging and I want to expand the blogging community. If you shared the same love for blogging that I do, you would have helped me out, as it would have helped you in the end as well. I guess that's what you get for choosing to ignore me. Your loss.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading; leave a comment! It's appreciated. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...