Sunday, April 15, 2012

procrastination...

...prepare to meet your maker!

Today I have gotten so much accomplished! Because I decided to procrastinate over spring break, I had to do 3 scholarships and two scholarship essays, write a college paper, do a discussion post and reply to two others for my online college Child Development class, finish two calculus assignments, draw a still life picture for Art, and read one chapter of Night for English IV because I missed school friday to get my tattoo done. Somehow, I managed to get it all done from 9:30 this morning until about 8:30 tonight.

Oh I know, you're wondering how a senior who is suffering severely from senioritis could have possibly finished all that work in a day without breaking down and saying, 'screw it, I'll do it tomorrow'. For whatever reason, I have been blessed with self motivation and a strong will to get things done. I also know how to get myself to do things. So, thanks to this little cup cake that kept me going, I am free from the burden of school work for the rest of the night. Yay me.


The trick is to tell yourself that you can have it when you're finished, that way you will do things quickly to recieve your delicious reward. It will only work if you do not let yourself have it until you are done. In my situation, I had a ton to do, so I could have even told myself that halfway through I could have half, and when I completely finished I could have the rest. Instead I just stuck it out and enjoyed it quite thoroughly when I finished all of my work.

I seriously love it when I finish everything I need to get done in a day. It is like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Now I can just chill out and relax for the next hour or so before bed.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's amazing. I struggle with procrastination so badly.

    ~Brit
    www.brittany-sims.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading; leave a comment! It's appreciated. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...