Monday, March 5, 2012

beautiful disaster.

There is just so much to be thankful for that I had to make another post today!

Lately I've been really trying to appreciate everything that comes my way and make an effort to really grasp onto the little things that myself and others sometimes miss on a daily basis. This morning I didn't even have to try. It just sort of happened. Maybe my efforts are becoming more habit than anything else. (Hopefully!)


This morning as I left the house to board the bus it occured to me that the storm we had just two days ago was really more than just a disaster. It was a beautiful disaster. The snow on the trees and the ground is absolutely stunning. Really, stepping outside and seeing all there is to see is breath taking if you take a second to look around you and really take everything in.


The trees and everything are still completely covered. It almost seems like I can feel the cold air on my face just by looking at this picture. This morning it was very very cold.


It was so cold that frost formed on my youngest brother's damp hair!

I just want to point out 10 good things about today that are small but really make the difference:
1.) I had a hot shower this morning which felt wonderful.
2.) I just washed my clothes so my pants fit me best right now.
3.) There was one strawberry yogurt left and I got to it first.
4.) The below-zero-degree weather woke me up quite well and left me feeling refreshed.
5.) I got the chance to listen to some of my favorite music on the way to school.
6.) I took my time walking up to my locker and it felt good to not rush for once.
7.) I was able to take it easy in Physics first hour after arriving to school thanks to a nice substitute teacher.
8.) Calculus was easy today for once and I actually understand it!
9.) When I finish this blog, my boyfriend is one phone call away from picking me up from school.
10.) I have dinner plans with him and my mother tonight which should be delicious.

I double dare you to try to make a list of 10 things that are good about today. I promise it isn't as hard as it sounds. Even if your day is a complete disaster, there is some beauty in it. Enjoy the rest of your day for me, as I will be enjoying mine for you. (o:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading; leave a comment! It's appreciated. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...