Friday, March 16, 2012

Don't Change You, Just Change Your Actions.

This is my first poem I've posted on here. I absolutely love poetry. And I think I'm pretty good at writing my own poems. I hope you enjoy. Here's a poem I wrote not too long ago (actually about 4 months ago) when Garret and I weren't doing so well. March 29th is the year and a half mark for us. I'm happy to say we're still together even after this.



Don't Change You, Just Change Your Actions.

I've been looking forward,
Because I never want to be running back.
Searching for an unopened door,
In a place that's pitch black.

I don't want to miss anything,
I don't want to move too fast.
Let's enjoy the present,
And remember the past.

One of our distant memories,
A few weeks before tonight.
I was in the car crying,
You held me and said it would be alright.

I had been worrying,
Trying to figure things out.
Too much on my mind,
I was starting to doubt...

You held me in your arms,
Took my face in your hands.
Kissed me like you meant it,
And reminded me of our plans.

First you said, "I love you."
And I'm never supposed to forget it.
You told me this is real,
And you've got 100% to commit.

You looked me in the eyes,
And said, "I'm not messing around."
You were more serious than I had once though.
That is...until now.

We're two steps from the edge,
Ten steps too near.
Things are crumbling quickly,
This is what I had feared.

I never wanted this for us,
But if you continue to  leave me with no choice,
Know that I'll always love you,
And I'll miss the sound of your voice.

I'll miss the good things,
And I'll remember too much.
Like your amazing sunflower eyes,
September 29th,  and such.

The first time we met,
All our other "first" things.
Our very first date.
At Buffalo Wild Wings.

Our very first picture,
I believe we were bowling.
Along with all the other memories captured,
Christmas, summer break, and camping.

Fourteen months,
Cut short by 10 days.
It was the little things,
That made and ruined us in a way.

And the little things are what I'll remember,
What I'll hold closest to my heart.
The little things that brought us together,
And are tearing us apart.

I can remember,
When we jumped in the lake.
Your crazy idea,
In the beginning of May.

We went hunting,
For mushrooms once too.
Found eight on our way back to the car,
I had four and you did too.

Nights after work,
In Mackinaw City.
Went down to the Marina,
Lights lit up so pretty.

Prom was amazing,
A truly beautiful night.
My first corsage,
Trying to get your boutonniere on right.

Jelly beans from Olesons,
And playing Super Mario.
Picking me up from school,
And driving me home.

July 31st,
Sometime around midnight.
A ring slipped on my finger
A smile brighter than all the stars that night.

There's so much I'll never forget,
So much I'll have to let go.
There are so many things,
I want you to know.

The letters I wrote you,
The cards you recieved.
Everything written,
I hope you believed.

I meant everything I said,
And I'd say it all again.
It's just as true now,
As it was back then.

And it breaks my heart,
Because I wanted nothing more.
We can still make things work,
But you're not trying anymore.

You always say you're sorry,
You'll stop or start, and that you'll change.
I've given you so many chances...
Nothing in return is not an equal exchange.

What happened to the big picture?
The future we'd planned.
If your feelings haven't changed,
Why is this happening, I don't understand.

I want to make this last,
I want you in my life.
You be my husband,
I'll be your wife.

Just like we talked about,
All those times before.
When we were happy with eachother,
And we wanted nothing more.

I'm reaching out,
This is the last time I'm asking.
Don't change you.
Just change your actions.

Keep your promises,
Gain back my trust.
Never lie to me-
Honesty is a must.

Show me respect,
Like a man should.
And love me...
Like you said you would.

We're nothing without eachother.
You know it as well as I do.
Please use this last chance,
Don't make me regret giving it to you.

I've been hanging on,
I'll continue to as long as I can.
I'll never be able to forgive myself,
If you leave me with no choice but to ruin our life long plans...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading; leave a comment! It's appreciated. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...