Saturday, March 24, 2012

don't think about it.

This quote means something to me. Probably because I've had this problem a few times too many. I think that, as a woman, it is in my genes to think too much, to over analyze things that simply just are the way they are. Unfortunately that can lead to an enormous load of stress. And I've totally been there. In fact, I used to go there all the time. 
I'm writing this because I know what it's like. I'm sure you know too. But lately I've been able to shut those kinds of things out, the things that try to get the gears in your brain turning when they don't need to. I've been able to take a break from all the garbage in my life, and really just focus on what I want, and what makes me happy. 
So today I'd like to tell anyone who's reading this that your life doesn't have to be hell. A lot of girls make their life hell when they think something is more than it actually is. It takes time, but after a while you learn the difference between holding a hand and falling in love. You realize that promises can be broken just as easily as they are made, and that sometimes goodbyes really are forever.
In order to do this you have to learn to stop planning your life and let it plan itself. Live day to day. You have to quit trying to find the perfect boy and let him find you. He's out there, just be patient. He'll find you when you least expect it. And you really have try to understand that if you don't want drama, then you can't talk shit. Things are only as complicated as you make them. And us women make things waaaay too complicated.
If this sounds anything like you, my advice is to just really enjoy the moment you're in. Don't plan too far ahead. Live for today. Take things one second at a time, for however long it takes, and I can guarantee you, you'll be just fine.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing...a good ole heart reminder <3 Exactly what I needed to read!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found my blog! And I'm even happier that you posted again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading; leave a comment! It's appreciated. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...